Saturday, January 3, 2009

Faith Has Arrived!

Yes, she's finally here! Just as scheduled, December the 26th, and she was pulled out at 11:55am. I had not dropped AT ALL! She was way up in my ribs still, instead of her head being right near the incision or even a little below, as is normal, she was way up, they had to go looking for her and even use a little suction and force to pull her down and out! She let out one small cry to let me know she was here, and then she was as quiet as she could be! The poked and prodded to get her to cry, because their was meconium in her sack and yet they couldn't make her, so they used the tube and suctioned her nose and throat, no big deal, she still didn't cry! She weighed 7 pounds and 12 ounces, and was a short little 19 inches long! She's my smallest! She does have big eyes, that she flashed us very soon after she was born, she was surprisingly alert for a newborn! And, she has dark hair, that might have a curl or at least wave to it, we'll see. I have had a lot more pain this time around, but there has been no time for it, I pop a pain med and keep on going! We came home on Monday and went to my brother's wedding rehearsal and dinner the next night, followed by the wedding and reception the following night of course, and I'll tell all about that later. For now, we are doing fine, Faith is an excellent eater and has almost reached her birth weight again, she is giving us a good five to six hours of sleep at night already and is a tremendous blessing to us all!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awesome! Congratulations, she's a beautiful little blessing and already so sweet! wishing you a speedy recovery (you're crazy girl, I felt immobile for a week after my C!) take care of yourself : )