Monday, September 10, 2012

Back To School

I fully admit that getting back to school has worn me out and thrown me for a loop.  It's been a few weeks and I finally feel like things are settling.  I cannot believe I have not posted these back to school pictures yet!  
Grace in the 8th grade now.
Ethan is a 5th grader.
This is Zach's first year in school, starting Kindergarten, he LOVES school so much, he's actually upset on Fridays!  
They were REALLY excited for school to start!
This was Zach's back to school night, he was so excited that his name tag is yellow (his favorite color!).
There has been a little adjustment period for Zach, he's learning to follow the rules, but he really likes his teacher.
Ethan is really happy to have most of his friends from last year in his class again this year.
He REALLY likes his teacher this year.
Faith is starting preschool on Wednesday, I am really excited to see how much progress she will make there.  Her speech has been slowly progressing, but, like today, some days I can barely understand anything she says.  Unless you have been where I am right now, it's really hard to understand the frustration that we all have, not being able to understand her.  At preschool she will forced to work harder, and she will have a speech therapist working one on one with her.

It's really hard for me to not be mad at the doctor for not catching her issues sooner, and at myself for not pushing the matter more.  I have to focus on how far she has come, and know that she is going to continue to get better.  Something that I have to continue to work hard at is translating for her.  I have learned to understand some of what she says that others don't understand and I am horrible about translating for her, instead of making her work to say it correctly.  All of us are bad about that, Zach has this ability to understand almost everything she says and he translates for us, it's really not helping any of us though, especially Faith, we have to let her fail and succeed on her own.  Being away from all of us three mornings a week, I think is going to make a big difference.

I am so glad that my kids enjoy school so much.  It makes me feel so good that they love learning so much.  It's going to be a great year!

No comments: