Friday, July 13, 2012

Weighing In

This past week has definitely been one of change.  In all areas.  I stepped on the scale a few times this week and I kinda wish now that I would have waited till today, by Tuesday, I was down 7.2lbs, and then today I was down 6.6lbs., I liked the other number better, but I really cannot complain with this loss.  It is incredible!  I have done a few fad diets, that I felt horrible on and only lost that much during the whole thing, much less in ONE WEEK!  Now, I also know that a considerable amount of this could be water weight.  I am loving my lemon water, it is really helping as a pop replacement, just a little flavor is all I want sometimes.  I don't have an illusions that this will be the norm for my weight loss, but it is a really great start. 

I'm pretty sure I have totally SHOCKED my body this week, putting so much good into my body with little to no bad, that will shock anyone, I'm sure!  It has not been as hard as I expected it to be, but I have tried to stay as positive as possible and Rob has been so encouraging (Thanks, Babe!)!  I wish I could say that I have met all my goals this week in every area, but I haven't.

Food?  I have been a ROCK STAR!  I mean it, I am SO happy with myself!  I really thought I'd be feeling like I was starving all the time, but that is definitely NOT the case.  I don't even feel like I'm denying myself that much.  I got on Pinterest to find some inspiration for new salads that I maybe wouldn't have thought to make.  And I found some great ideas! 
Red, White and Blue Salad-this is a bed of lettuce, strawberries, blueberries and light feta cheese crumbles with a poppy seed dressing.  I also did this on a bed of spinach, it was yummy both ways!
This one is a bed of lettuce, with cherry tomatoes, chicken, croutons, mild cheddar, a little bit of bacon pieces, and ranch dressing, watered down, so it spread all over the salad better.  A heartier salad, it was really good.
Exercise?  Twice this week.  My beautiful friend, Amy (THANK YOU!!!) invited me to join her on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays to work out with Chris Omni and her WIN family! I went the first time on Tuesday night on the corner of 21st and Washburn, and I admit I was a little nervous, but Chris and Amy and the rest of the family made me feel right at home.  After working out we went over to The Burger Stand, and jumped rope for a FREE salad (we will do this every second Tuesday of the month!), I had the Granny salad (YUMMY!). I had SUCH a GREAT time, that I will be going back every week!  And I can bring friends!  Anyone interested?  Join us 6-7pm every Tuesday and Thursday and 7am on Saturdays.  You will be glad you did.

My goal is to workout at least 4 times per week, this week, I only accomplished 2 of those, but that is 2 more than the week before, so I am still feeling pretty good about it, by next week, I WILL be up to 4, you can hold me to that!  With my awesome WIN family to workout with now, I'm even eager to get it done, I'm having FUN- I NEVER thought I would say that about working out!

Time with God?  I have spent SO MUCH more time in prayer this week.  I haven't gotten into the Word as much as I wanted to, but I am feeling really good that the communication lines are so much more open now.  Next week, I will be working harder to get up earlier (I dread early mornings), because I am really having a hard time with not being interrupted by the kids, it's kind of funny that I found myself yelling (after the 10th interruption), "Mommy is TRYING to have a QUIET TIME!", I know, you laughed, somehow I think God might have also (I'm of the opinion He sees the irony of things and laughs too).

With Rob?  We have been talking a lot more this week, he has even turned off the TV to talk to me, that felt good.  And like I said, he has been so encouraging to me this past week.  It really has helped me a lot, knowing that he is supportive of my life changes.  He is very goal/dream oriented, so it didn't surprise me that he was excited that I (formerly a fly-by the seat of my of my pants girl) am making goals and dreaming of a better life.

The kids?  I continue to struggle, while I feel like I'm following through with them more, I really need to keep getting better.  I really think our relationship would be better if I would be more consistent. 

I just changed up the playlist on the blog here, I'm really feeling this Francesca Battistelli song, "It's Your Life", I hope it speaks to you!  I'm going to be praying for you again this week.  What changes have you made this week?



1 comment:

Amy said...

Way to go, Winter! You are inspiring me!