Saturday, September 22, 2007

Did ya ever?

Did ya ever feel like no matter how hard you try and how good you are and how many wonderful, sacrificial things you do for others in your life, you still get poohed on? Well, I never feel that way, but I have a friend that had one of those days, okay it was me!! Feeling like I can do everything so perfect for no thanks and then the ONE thing that I mess up on, minor as it may be, BAM! "How could you?" Yes, such a raw human emotion, and all it took was reading Zach a story before bed, "Rewards", it's a little board book that talks about how our reward is in heaven when we see Jesus face! And instantly I am humbled. Tonight I am faced with this very real fact, that in my life if I am living the way God wants me to, I could possibly end up an invisible person on earth that amazingly enough has had a profound influence and impact on those that knew me and still no one will remember my name. But, I will hold my head high, press on and continue my good works and silent acts of service in the background of God's amazing orchestration here on earth and one day I will see my Saviour face to face, and it will all be worth it and to Him it meant something, and He saw everything I did. So I am content to live a life that God rewards.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

yep!... know what you're sayin'. But I think its great you are looking at life from an eternal viewpoint instead of temporal. That is sooo HUGE, I think. You are a fruit bearer, Winter, and with that attitue God will continue to prune you to bear Him more fruit and bring Him glory. :)

Blessings.