Saturday, April 21, 2007

A Treasure Hunt!

Ethan's 5th birthday party was so much fun! I love kids parties, it is permission to be a little kid again! This year Ethan had a pirate theme and I have to tell you, this was so fun and easy! Everyone had a great time. Rob and I dressed up as pirates, which was such a hit with everyone, I love to play dress-up, but Rob was mortified and assured me that it was just for me that he did this! He is so great! He looked so great! The "Dreaded Robert" and "Wench Winter"
A friend told me about this cake at the Price Chopper on 21st and Fairlawn, I have to say, this way an awesome cake, decorated flawlessly and it tasted so good! The frosting even had great flavor. The guy working in the bakery was so helpful and made sure it would be done even though I came in to order the day before the party! I planned to make my own, but after seeing this on display, I had to have it! When he called to let me know it was done he even kept the secret and said "Arg, Ball family, yer pirate 'thing' is ready!" Big shout out to Price Chopper this time!

We had a treasure hunt, colored maps for fun, we did a pirate puzzle, dressed up like pirates and put on pirate tatoos too!
Ethan insisted that his be in the same place that Rob has one, on his chest (so cute!).


Party America had the cutest pirate gear!
Ethan invites ye to search fer buried treasure on the account of his birth, the gold is a plenty and The invites this year were e-vites, these are so much fun! I went to www.evite.com and found the pirate theme and away we went! I had to look up the pirate lingo: Ahoy mates! Cap'nkoolade a flowin', we'll be singin a chantey me hearties and be on yer gaurd to play fair or walk the plank for a visit with Davy Jones! Arrr! All ye buccaneers come aboard on Friday the 20th of April at 6 pm in the shipyard at ye ol' Shunga Drive and MacVicar. Fair winds till then!
My biggest reward was the smiling faces!

No comments: